Collaborative Community Mural Call for Artist Project
The Pine Street Community Garden(www.pinestreetgardens.org) is looking for an artist to provide services to engage the general public and local community to create a collaborative community mural on a shipping container located in a new city park adjacent to the Community Garden. The park is located on the corner of west 6th Avenue and Fir Street in Vancouver.
The newly created city park is in a neighbourhood with a diverse range of community members. The goal of the collaborative mural project is to establish connections between community members through the design and creation of the mural. The Pine Street Community Garden envisions a mural that will demonstrate community ownership and investment in the new park and welcome park visitors to enjoy the garden space.
Artist skills and experience
The selected artist(s) will have experience with community arts engagement processes and the capacity to build a sense of community pride and ownership throughout the project development and implementation stages. The artist(s) demonstrate through past community art projects that they have successfully worked with community members of all ages to lead creative processes through community input.
Artist fee of $2500.00 to complete the following :
- Meet with project committee (minimum 3 meetings)
- Develop a process for building community input into the mural design , submit to projectcommittee for review and approval
- Participate in public meetings to solicit public input and feedback into mural development (2meetings)
- Lead work party with the community to complete mural (minimum 2)
- Complete all noted above by August 30th, 2015 Submit Artist(s) Application Requirements
- Current CV (maximum 2pages-if an artist collective-1 page per artist)
- Title Page: Artist’s full name, email address, mailing address including postal code,telephone/cell phone.
- List two professional references that can speak to your artistic practice and support theapplicant’s capacity to fulfill the requirements of the project.
• In a one page project description outline the following:
- – 1) Experience related to the project description include: skills and experience in completing aproject from beginning to completion.
- – 2) Documentation of previous community lead art projects (max. 5 jpeg images)Submit all the application requirements by email to email@example.com by March 2nd , 2015AssessmentA juried selection process involving community members and staff will determine the artists and/or artist teams awarded for this project.
Final selections may be based on interviews with shortlisted artists.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Download the .PDF of this info: PSCG_Call_for_Artists